back to Directory index
- Barlow Hall Primary School and Assessment Centre, Darley Ave, M21; 0161-881-2158
- Head Teacher: Mr JA Scally
- School secretary: Mrs M Grindrod
- Brookburn Primary, Brookburn Rd, M21; 0161-881-8880.
- Head Teacher: Mr J Clegg
- School secretary: Mrs Temple-Heald
- Chorlton C of E Primary, Vicars Rd, M21; 0161-881-6798.
- Head Teacher: Mrs P Charleston
- School secretary: Mrs M Crabtree
- Chorlton Park Juniors, Barlow Moor Rd, M21; 0161-881-1621.
- Chorlton Park Out of Hours Scheme (COSH); 0161-881-0100.
- Oswald Road Primary, Oswald Rd, M21; 0161-881-4266 / 881-4319.
- St Ambrose RC Primary, Princess Rd, M21; 0161-445-3299.
- Head Teacher:
- School secretary:
- St John's RC Primary, Chepstow Rd, M21; 0161-881-1040.
- Head Teacher: Mr L Dillon
- School secretary: Mrs B Byrne
- St Thomas Aquinas RC Lower, Woodgate Rd, Whalley Range, M16; 0161-881-6253.
- Head Teacher: Miss P Carney
- School secretary: Mrs Burgess
- Manchester Islamic High School for Girls, 55 High Lane, M21; 0161-881-2127.
- Head Teacher: Mrs M Mohamed
- School secretary: Mrs Chowdhury
- Oaklands Preparatory, 643 Wilbraham Rd, M21; 0161-881-4702.
- Head Teacher: Mrs CS Whalley
- School secretary: Mrs M Pullen
- William Hulme's Grammar School Primary Phase, Spring Bridge Road, Manchester M16 8PR.
- Head of Primary Phase: Mrs B M Schouten
- School secretary: Miss J Douglas
- Chorlton High School: A Specialist Arts College
- Loreto College
- Southern Cross Centre, Barlow Hall Rd, M21; 0161-881-2695.
- Head Teacher: Mr M Howard
- School secretary: Mrs J Doyle / Mrs J Plunkett
- St Thomas Aquinas RC High School, Nell Lane, M21; 0161-881-9448.
- Head Teacher: Mr Carnes
- Registrar: Miss Dean
- William Hulme's Grammar School, Spring Bridge Road, M16 8PR; 0161-226-2054
- Principal: Mr P Mulholland
- Bursar: Miss E V Fritchley
- English classes at Chorlton Library
- Come and meet the teachers on Wednesday September 3, 1:30pm onwards
or Thursday September 4, 10am onwards
- Contacts: Brenda Morris & Liz Shapiro
- Chorlton Park Adult Education Centre, Mauldeth Rd West, M21; 0161-881-0002.
- Course inquiries to: General Office
- Chorlton Workshop Electronic Village Hall, Chorlton Central Church, Barlow
Moor Rd, M21; 0161-860-6238; fax: 0161-881-5189; e-mail: email@example.com;
home page: www.poptel.org.uk/BookFinder/cwevh.
- A community education centre which runs free training courses and classes
for unwaged adults.
- a range of introductory computer courses
- access to high quality computer equipment, including on-line access
to the Manchester HOST
- classes in basic English and Maths, and English for Speakers of
- a range of community education classes and workshops
- advice and information on training, education and employment
- Wheelchair accessible; support is available for people with disabilities
- Parents attending courses can leave their children aged 6 months to
5 years in the creche
- Volunteers generally required
- Chorlton Workshop EVH offers one and two day fee-paying courses on
computers and widely used software packages
- Chorlton Workshop EVH offers low cost access to computer, fax, e-mail
and other facilities to community groups, voluntary organisations and
- For further informatin call Jak or Mary, or drop in on Monday, Tresday
or Wednesday between 10am-3pm.
- The Open University (NW Region), Chorlton House, 70 Manchester Rd, M21;
- Course inquiries to: Courses and Enrolment
- The Shiatsu College Manchester
- The Shiatsu College Manchester (SCM) is one of the most established branches of the Shiatsu College , which was founded in 1986. The SCM offers experienced and high quality teaching in the form of courses, workshops and events, including taster sessions, open days and introductory workshops, which are open to anybody with an interest in learning and finding out about Shiatsu. The SCM also offers an extensive and highly regarded practitioner training, which is fully ratified by the Shiatsu society UK and accredited by the National Open College Network (NOCN). Shiatsu College Manchester has a national reputation for professional excellence and maintains its aim of providing the highest possible quality of Shiatsu training for all its students.
- Contact Details
- Principal: Jane Lyons
- Tel: 02086710909
- Email: Manchester@shiatsucollege.co.uk
- Web: www.manchestershiatsu.co.uk or www.shiatsucollege.co.uk
- Singing/Violin/Vocal Teacher
- Sally Johnson
- Voice Development, Coaching, Exercises, Breathing Techniques & Repertoire
for a range of styles
- Free Consultation Lesson
- EXPERT TUITION offered in Maths, Science, English. GCSE a speciality,
also offer A level and 11+ coaching. Computer facilities available.
Experienced with dyslexia too.
Contact: Mary - Mary@ExpertTuition.co.uk -
0800 083 2171 - 07751 696 055
- GCSE French tuition. Experienced and qualified teacher. Contact
- Nightingale Education
- Quality 1-2-1 tuition for all subjects.
- Nightingale Education believes in the importance of education and offers a personalised service that enable us all to reach our full potential.
- Contact David Nightingale on 0161-282-3741 or 07973284652.
- After school maths and English for children of all ages in Chorlton.
- Whatever you want to achieve in your life, a solid foundation
in maths and English is essential.
- With the year-round Kumon programmes, children develop confidence,
discipline and study skills that last a lifetime.
- The programmes run from pre-reading and counting up to A level.
- Join this friendly class in Chorlton or study by correspondence.
- All students do a little work every day.
- The class is open twice a week in Wilbraham St Ninian's Church
on Wilbraham Road.
- Contact Jackie Crookes on 0161 434 4979 for more details, or
visit the web site kumon.co.uk.