The Green with the hedge that marked it off as Miss Wilton's garden. Zetland
Terrace (right background) built in 1883 dates the photograph as about 1890.
To the left of the little sweet shop (G Green was the proprietor) is the
short fence of the Maddock's cottage's garden with the forecourt of the
All material is taken from 'Looking Back at Chorlton-cum-Hardy', by John
Lloyd, courtesy of Willow Publishing, whose permission is gratefully acknowledged.